About

Saturday, May 11, 2013

my day today



i just want to make this entry to document what happened to me this day. 

this morning i went to my OB Gyne for my scheduled out-patient procedure. this has been long been delayed since i found out about this condition when i had the annual check up with her last january. there were a number of reasons for the delay. but more than anything, the hesitation and fear in me were overwhelming. then courage finally came yesterday, i called the secretary to set an appointment. this, after days of internet readings and giving all my thoughts about it.

and today came. soon as reached the clinic, i sat down and talked to the secretary what my thoughts are and i told her how anxious i am of what is going to happen. she however assured me that there is not much to worry. i closed my eyes and prayed to God for Him to guide the doctor and strengthen me the entire procedure. that moment when everything horrible you read on the internet floods your mind, plus the unsettling feeling right inside you, yet you choose to proceed with it because you know the One above is even more powerful -- you call it faith.

the procedure itself, less all the preps and post recovery, only lasted for about 10 mins. it was not what i imagined it would be or how other accounts on the internet described it. yes, it was manageable. but the most difficult part came an hour after it, when i was home already and everything settled in. it was the most excruciating pain ive had (well, next to labor). the cramping was so severe, it's like having dysmenorrhea to the power of 90. 

hopefully, everything will be fine with me and my body after that. God heals, and nothing can be said  truer than that, and i am claiming it. will visit my doctor 2 weeks from today for the follow up check up. 

good night! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment