About

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

december 30

december 30. a regular holiday for us here in the philippines honoring the death anniversary of our national hero dr. jose rizal. but did you know that apart from remembering that historic moment, a significant event also happened that day, 89 years after? well, atleast for my parents! hahaha a beautiful baby girl was brought to this world to the delight of fruto and placida, their only girl among 4 children. (do not ever think rebutting on the adjective of the sentence, this is my blog! mwahahaha)

for the past couple of years now, my birthday is celebrated with lunch at my parents' house then a merienda at home with closest friends. the latter is purposely done so we'll have the reason to get together once a year. you see, we have gone separate ways, one works in davao, another in antipolo, then two are in cebu, and overseas. it is only during christmas season when they all take a break from work to choose to be home. no lavish preparations of food and sorts, just simple ones and the warmth and laughter of good friends.

it is such a wonderful feeling to initiate bringing friends back all together. after a year of not seeing and hearing from each other (even facebook updates are elusive for these people), the stories sure do not stop coming, who says we miss anything at all?

at 26 now, i would like to think that i have grown up, self-proclaimed that is! when years ago i like surrounding myself with people, noise and most of the time i want outdoors, everything has gone entirely the opposite. i mean, not naman 'ngmumukmok nalang sa isang tabi', more like i still want to be with people but now, only with select friends, the really close ones that you get to talk about life, if the green back weakened over the local currency, why negative times negative is equal to positive, or the fact that breastfeeding actually helps mothers lose weight, yes these topics and not just what's brewing with other people's life. hahaha small, intimate conversations na peg ko these days! thus, my birthday's an occasion to have one.

with that said, i thank God each and every waking moment for blessing me with wonderful, crazy and the wisest friends! it's just so comforting to think that whatever direction you choose to take in life, however you want to tread life, you will always have those friends whom you can call even in the wee hours of the morning.




P.S. Photos lifted from facebook pages of jen and dan. Thank you for clicking those shutters to document the occasion. 





2 comments:

  1. I was already crying before I reached the end of this entry.I missed some (high school) friends,they're SO far I can't see them as often as I want.(The downside of growing up. :p )I don't think I told you this before,but thank you because at times I may feel I don't have real friends anymore but just a thought of you (and knowing you're just there) takes that awful feeling away.Madrama ba? I think that's also part of growing up,you tend to be emotional over simple things.hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. madrama leng! hehe. but yes, our very dear friend has some sort of magic that takes that awful feeling away. i miss you both =)

    ReplyDelete